Happy belated World Vegetarian Day to all you crazy veggie chicks out there! Yesterday was also the start of Vegan MoFo (Vegan Month of Food), a whole month of vegan food related posts on blogs across the world. So exciting! I plan on recapping the best of MoFo recipes every week. There are way too many blogs to fairly cover, so if you have a recipe that you would really like featured, please send it on over to me at mandi(at)chicvegan(dot)com. Here are some interesting posts that I have seen in the past two days:
- Seitan is my Motor tries out the PPK’s new Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles recipe with yummy results.
- Delicious looking Thai Yellow Curry at Cook’s Hideout.
- Sweet potato date muffins -need I say more?
It is almost Blog Action Day again! Blog Action Day (BAD… oh yeah) is a day where thousands of bloggers all over the world commit to write about a certain topic relating to an important issue. If you remember last year, I posted about the topic of poverty. This year the issue is, naturally, climate change. BAD falls on October 15th this year, so if you have a blog and would like to participate in this event, head on over the the website and sign up. Its quick and easy and you even get a fun little badge for your site (see right column).
Just a quick note, I have a guest post over at Vegan Soapbox about the basics of vegan fashion, and what makes some clothing un-vegan. I will be writing for them on a semi-regular basis so be sure to check out the site and all of the other great articles regarding animal welfare and activism.
Now for your not so regularly scheduled link party!
- The Vegan Shoe Lady has some great posts for aspiring vegan fashion designers. I’m really digging all of her progressive and informative posts.
- Here are some great veg Halloween costume ideas.
- Lazy Smurf is giving away a super cute wallet in honor of Vegan MoFo.
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats!
- New studies show: Vegetarian and vegan diets protect against dementia
- Which laptop is the most eco-friendly and ethical choice?
- Rawmazing: Sundried Tomato Pumpkin Seed Pesto
- Vegan, organic and fair-trade chocolate truffles. Heaven? I think so!
Have a beautiful, and safe weekend!
*Picture courtesy of Madcap Cupcake.