I like my meals how most of you probably do – quick, easy and delicious. With the intention of saving money, I have been creating meals with things I happen to have lying around after my well-intentioned recipes have been made. Sometimes things turn out well, and sometimes not so well. But the process is always fun! Here is a recipe that happened to turn out wonderfully – and it only took about 20 minutes to make!
Black Bean and Chorizo Enchiladas
What you need:
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shitake shrooms, diced
- 1 small jalepeno, minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tb EVOO
- 1/2 package of vegan chorizo (I used Soyrizo from Trader Joe’s. Field Roast may also do very nicely here.)
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 10 tortillas
- 1 cup Daiya cheddar
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Saute peppers, shrooms, onion, and garlic in oil until green peppers are soft.
- Add in chorizo, beans and spices. Cook for 2 more minutes then turn off heat.
- Pour enchilada sauce into a large shallow bowl. Dip the tortillas into the sauce until the are completely covered. Place the saute mix in the tortillas and roll up. Repeat 10 times. Line a baking pan with the enchiladas.
- Cover the enchiladas with the rest of the sauce, and sprinkle Daiya on top.
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish and condiment-ize however you wish. I used cashew sour cream, avocados and cilantro. Delish!